Our Lady of Lourdes
?The Arnside community is under the patronage of Our Lady of Lourdes. The first celebration of Mass in Arnside is recorded as being held in a private house in 1926 for a congregation of just seven people. Later in the same year a Roman Catholic Church was established at Pier Lane which had just been vacated by the Educational Institute. This continued to be used as a Mass Centre for over fifty years but it was often too small to accommodate those who wished to worship. In 1977 the Church was transferred to the present premises on Silverdale Road, which had started life as the first Arnside National School, and was dedicated to Our Lady of Lourdes.